Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me

Thanks for all the birthday wishes that have arrived by email, Facebook, text messages, snail mail and hand delivery!  I really appreciate them all because it makes me feel remembered, important and special.  And birthdays really should always be that.

My friend Yvonne made this gorgeous card for me:

birthday

And all I can say is WOW!  I’ve tried doing the label technique and it’s definitely not for the faint hearted, especially not when O’So Sticky Tape is involved! 

Yvonne colored the labels with Staz On ink and sponges then stamped the image in black over the top.  Her transfer technique uses blue painters tape to pick up the labels in rows so they stay aligned as she places them onto the (gasp here!) exposed O’So Sticky Tape.  Once all the labels are in place she fills in the gaps with micro beads.  The effect is quite stunning!  Thanks Yvonne and Happy Birthday To Me!!  Ü

3 comments:

  1. I love the label technique so I just *had* to comment on this one. It really is a stunner, especially combined with the micro beads! I'm in awe that it was used on the Sticky Tape. Not sure I'd want to try that...

    Hugs,
    Wezz

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely takes courage and a throwing all caution to the wind I think Wezz! That's why I love Yvonne's card all the more!

    Hugs,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks hard. I think my rows would be waves..... great job!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is always welcome and appreciated! Thanks for visiting my blog!