Pennywise Arts is so blessed to have many very talented designers creating just to inspire you! This month we’ll be featuring the artwork of Yvonne Grimes and Jean Sunderman.
Yvonne will start us off with a fun technique she calls “Beaded Paper Lace”. She wrote excellent instructions to go along – so grab your supplies and give it a try!
Beaded “Paper Lace” Card By Yvonne Grimes
· “Paper Lace” - Scrapbook paper that has a die-cut design with open spaces
· Contrasting paper for background
· Coordinating papers for stamped sentiment, matting, and A2 card blank
· Rubber Stamp with quote, sentiment, or other focal point
· Foam tape or squares
· Embellishments such as rhinestones, pearls, paper flowers, etc…
1. Cut the background piece of paper to 3-3/4”x5”. For best results choose a paper that contrasts with your “lace” paper as it will be covered with beads.
2. Cut a piece of O’So Sticky tape to 3-3/4”x5” and cover the background paper with it, but leave the red liner on for now.
3. Cut a piece of lace paper so it is just a little smaller than the background, and figure out your placement before removing the red liner and attaching the lace paper to the background. Use the red liner over the whole piece to press the lace paper down well.
4. Remove red liner and dip the whole piece in clear Mini Micro Beads. Press the beads in well with either a brayer or your fingers.
5. Attach the beaded piece to a coordinating paper layer cut to 4”x5-1/4”, and then attach to the cardstock blank.
6. Create the stamped image, layer with coordinating papers and attach to the beaded background with foam tape.
7. Embellish as desired.
Here’s another variation Yvonne did using the same technique:
Won’t you share YOUR Beaded Paper Lace creation with us???