Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Shoebox Party Fun

 

Suzannes project close This past weekend I attended a PWA Shoebox Party at a beautiful farm in Garfield, WA.  It was held to honor my friend Tracy’s birthday.  I love these gatherings of women where we share project ideas, our stories and our hearts.  These connections mean the world to me and are a huge part of why I love Pennywise so much. 

This business has given me the opportunity to meet women of all walks of life from all over the world.  On our Yahoo group and at our retreats and local gatherings connections are made and friendships bloom.  It’s truly the best feeling ever to be a part of it. 

If you haven’t had the opportunity to play with us in person yet I hope you’ll consider the possibility.  We host free play days at Friends and Company in Issaquah, WA every other Monday and group members often host free shoebox parties (like the one we had at Tracy’s house).

Our next big annual weekend long shoebox retreat is April 22, 23 & 24, 2011.  Wow!  This will be our 7th year!!  We’ve rented the Big House Lodge in Cle Elum, WA. located just 90 minutes East of Seattle.  It’s a beautiful luxury home with beds to sleep 30 people.  Generally there will be 4 people to a room and each room has it’s own bathroom.  Our meals will be catered and the craft space open around the clock. 

Eat when you’re hungry, craft at your leisure, sleep when you feel like it, take a nature walk, connect with other creative souls…..(just sit and let that idea soak in a minute.)  Reread that last sentence if you need to.  Ahhhhh, bliss.  Oh, and did I mention the hot tub?  Ü

We haven’t had a chance to update our website with the new information or 2011 registration forms yet but if you have questions or concerns there is lots of Q & A info on our retreat webpage that might be of help.

http://www.pennywisearts.com/annualretreat.html

We’re still in the planning stages and the actual price has not been set but we always aim for the $200 to $250 range to keep it “pennywise” and affordable.  If you’re traveling from out of town we’re happy to help arrange a ride from and back to SeaTac Airport. 

Once you’ve made up your mind, drop me an email and let me know!  A $50 deposit will hold your spot.  We’ve already got about 10 reservations made and 30 is the most we can have.  You know you want to be there!  Ü

Suzannes project This fun fan name banner was my project to share at Tracy’s party last weekend.  Its funny how ideas spark and grow in our minds and I was thrilled that this one turned out the way it did.  Each person did their own name so those longer names had to work harder!

I’ll be sharing all of the fantastic projects from Tracy’s party soon.

Hugs, Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. I love these. I made something similar for my son's and now "daughter"'s rehearsal dinner. I wished I would have thought to use the beads to match! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is always welcome and appreciated! Thanks for visiting my blog!