Friday, April 6, 2012

Another Dose Of Pity

I’m throwing in another dose of pity for those that can’t join us for the annual Pennywise Arts retreat.  This is my project for the Pity Party swap hosted on the PWA Yahoo Group.

Suzanne Glazier Pity Party Sometimes when I have too much time to ponder a project, I end up getting in much deeper than I would if I had waited until the last minute.  This was one of those times.

From bottom to top the layers are brown cardstock, olive cardstock, a distressed file folder inked with a music stamped background (unknown company – unmounted stamp).

The brown daisy shaped doily is an SVG file that my dear hubby created for me just for this purpose.  (I’ll gladly share the file in SVG or SCAL if you email me!)  I covered the doilies with mixed brown and black embossing power.  While the embossing powder was still warm and melty I sprinkled on a mixture of yellow, brown and  gold micro beads. Then a little more gentle heat was added to set them.

The nests and the eggs took the longest to fabricate.  The nests were made from two different fibers wound together around my fingers and kinda lassoed together.  The brown fibers were very hairy so the nests all had haircuts.  Ü  The eggs are little bits of polymer clay, baked and speckled with blue and brown acrylic paints.  Each nest was glued to a branch and then layered onto the card.

The final touch was the momma bird, the leafy ribbon from May Arts and some paper flowers that came in a jar.

Using all of the same supplies and inspiration I created a variation of this card for the retreat exclusive Flight of Fancy atc swap.   My retreat shoebox project uses all the same items and has a third dimension to it.  Can’t reveal that for 24 more days!  Ü

Hugs, Suzanne

* The bird stamp is from Stampers Anonymous and the sentiment is from Studio G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is always welcome and appreciated! Thanks for visiting my blog!