Friday, July 20, 2012

Vintage Fat Book Swap

Our Pennywise Arts 3rd quarter fat book swap is complete!  With so many different interpretations of “vintage” our book of eight pages from eight players is truly a unique piece of collaborative art.  This is what it looks like all bound together:

Vintage Fatbook 2012

The top page of each book is the page that player created.  This helps me keep it all straight when I’m ready to package and mail the books back.

Each base is a pre cut chipboard shape from Maya Road.  I was inspired by papers from Prima Marketing’s “Almanac Collection”.  This is my page:

VintageFatBook2012SuzanneGlazier

I painted my bases white and then rubbed them lightly with Distress Ink. (Maybe Frayed Burlap?)  The background was stamped with a fabulous handwriting sampler from an old Dream Impressions set.

A piece of patterned paper was embossed with a Cuttlebug die and the raised parts were rubbed with the same Distress Ink.

The butterflies and nest have multiple layers to make my page “fat”.  Foam tape keeps the wings in flight and the small butterfly has been covered with O’So Sticky Tape and clear ultra fine micro beads from Pennywise Arts.

I’ll show a close up tomorrow.  This post ended getting too long because I went into the whole process of mixing beads from my edges and decided that would be better as a separate post.

Every day for the next week I will feature the other pages in this fabulous book so keep coming back!

Hugs, Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is always welcome and appreciated! Thanks for visiting my blog!