It’s been so much fun going through the many, many boxes of cards and creations by our design team and beadie buds!
I find it especially fun (and funny) when I email Julie that I’ve found a great card that she made some time ago and since I know she saves all of her instructions could she please email them to me? And she does, even though she has no memory of what the card looked like she can find those instructions every time! So here it is for all of you to see – including Julie! Ü
P.S. I think it’s quite clever how Julie made the shaker look like it was part of a picture frame hanging on the wall!
Love Is In The Air Shaker
By Julie Imsland
Uptown Rubber Stamps: F23112 Cloud Swing Couple
Karen Foster Design: 00372 Mini Casual Snap-Stamps
Mini Heart Flower: Unknown Source
StazOn Ink: Jet Black, Black Cherry, Eden Green
Black Embossing Powder
Memory Box: Red Mini Plaid Cardstock
Other Cardstock: White, Black, Red
Dritz: Large Red Eyelet
Scrap Arts: Black Square Mini Eyelets
Foam Tape, Adhesive
1. Stamp Cloud Swing Couple with VersaMark ink onto a 3” square of white cardstock, heat emboss with black embossing powder. Color as desired with chalks.
2. Begin preparing shaker as directed. After cutting frame opening, stamp “love is in the air” with the snap-stamps and black StazOn ink . Use chalks to color around frame.
3. Ink mini heart flower stamp with red and green StazOn inks and stamp repeatedly along bottom edge of frame opening.
4. Stamp mini heart flower stamp with red and green StazOn ink along bottom edge of a 2.75” acetate square.
5. Continue construction of the shaker as directed. Use a very small amounts of the translucent and opaque green beads for filling the grass area along the image.
6. Once shaker is constructed, punch 2 small holes at the top of the shaker and set 2 small black eyelets.
7. Affix a black wire hanger with adhesive behind each eyelet.
8. Adhere the hanging shaker to a slightly larger square of black cardstock.
9. Punch a hole centered near the top of a 4.25” x 5.5” mini plaid piece of
cardstock. Affix shaker to mini plaid card front with a small piece of foam tape.
Wire hanger should be caught when setting the large red eyelet.
10. Mount the card front to a top folded 4.25” x 11” red card.