Evelyn Spikes may have lots of time on her hands, but this elegant tin box won’t take up too much of yours! She shows you how easy it is in her tutorial below.
Gather Up The Supplies:
Hinged tin (Altoid for this project), spray painted matte white as primer.
O’So Sticky Tape in 1/8” and ¼” widths
O’So Sticky Tape sheet cut to fit top of tin
2 white paper flowers
4 flat marbles to in color to complement paint color
Stream alcohol ink and alcohol in fine sprayer
Glimmer Mists in Patina and Iridescent Gold
Flat-sided adhesive pearls
Adhesive for marble feet
Here’s How To Do It:
1. Paint primed tin with color, outside and inside. When dry, apply piece of O’So to lid.
2. Cut O'So to fit lid; choose embellishments
3. Apply O'So to lid
5. Pour on ultrafine micro beads; press to seat beads.
6. Peel vinyl from strips of O’So. Pour on colored micro beads. Press to smooth.
7. Spritz alcohol ink mix to one flower, coloring it completely. Spritz the other flower just lightly with color.
8. When flowers are dry, adhere together with glue dot. Apply three adhesive pearls in center of top flower and adhere the flower combination to the top of the tin.
Adhered marbles to underside of tin for feet.
Not Shown: for accordion insert cut 11” strip of complementary cardstock to fit width of tin; accordion fold and trim each side of folds with corner shaper. Stamp as desired; adhere photos or other images. Adhere shortest end of accordion to inside of tin and fold inside.