Julie Imsland, our first featured designer of 2010 has created a cute mini calendar featuring several different micro bead techniques. With lots of room for personal expression and an opportunity to use up some stuff, I think this is a great way to start off the new year! “MMX” are the roman numerals for 2010, in case you didn’t know.
12” x 12” calendar paper by Teresa Collins
(Journal-It girl # TC-6447)
Black cardstock, cut 14 pieces 3.5” x 4.5”
Poster board, cut 7 pieces 3.5” x 4.5”
Permanent pink marker
O’So Sticky Tape, various widths
Large alpha “M” & “X” stamps
Colorbox Classic Pigment Ink, Pink
Small number stamps
Permanent black dye ink
Two – 1” binder rings
Assorted punches, brads & ribbon
- Front Cover: Stamp “MMX” on sized black cardstock with pigment ink. Sprinkle ink with O’So Sticky Powder, heat just until the powder melts. Pat the image face down into a tray of ultra fine micro beads. Heat the beaded image again to “set” the micro beads. Once cooled the micro beads will be fully adhered.
- Remainder of front cover was border punched, and adhered to a piece of sized poster board with O’So sticky tape behind the punched edge. Pat the exposed tape into a tray of ultra fine micro beads. (White poster board was used, edges and exposed punched areas were colored with a permanent pink marker.)
- Cut the calendar months apart, and stamp the appropriate numbers for the days using black ink.
- Decorate each page as desired with small brads and ribbon. Use punches to decorate some pages and use O’So Sticky tape as directed on the front cover to fill in the open punched areas with micro beads.
- January page backs the front cover. Each of the next 5 pages have months on both the front and back. The month of December is inside the back cover page.
- Punch two small holes for the binder rings along the left edge to hold the calendar together. Embellish with short ribbon pieces.
Assorted Free Printable Calendars are also available at:
Here is a closer look at some of the details of Julie’s calendar:
Great ideas Julie, very cute calendar.ReplyDelete
Really cool Juilie,ReplyDelete
I was looking for a small calendar for my desk at work. This would be so cool to look at during the day.
When I see Julie's creations, I get the feeling it's going to be very difficult to meet the standard she sets on the DT! Beautiful, Julie!ReplyDelete
Thank you for the compliments! All of the supplies for this were in my "stash". It's amazing what you can come up with once you select a theme or color scheme.ReplyDelete
What a great calendar Julie. I really like the use of the Roman numerals--they add such a classic flair. I keep thinking I should start on calendars for 2011 and just may get them done in time. Darlene LReplyDelete
I really like your calendar! I love the ribbon idea. ThanksReplyDelete
Julie I absolutely LOVE your MMX calendar.ReplyDelete
Who would not love to win this calendar? It's just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing how you made it.ReplyDelete
Wow that is awesome. So cute. I love those colors.ReplyDelete
Chosen by our random name generator, the winner of this lovely MMX calendar is Marianne!ReplyDelete