Evelyn Spikes created this elegant book from simple, brown, paper lunch bags. With her easy to follow photo tutorial, you can make one too!
Gather these supplies:
2 paper lunch bags
2 each of 4 coordinating double-sided papers 5 5/16” square
Extra pieces of the ‘back’ of patterned papers…if solid colors.
Coordinating solid colored cardstock for some matting
Image and sentiment stamps (a theme is always nice!)
Adhesive of choice
O’So Sticky in sheets
Hole punch…one that will go through several sheets of paper. (I
used the old-fashioned one that requires a hammer!)
Cord to tie pages together
Ribbon or fiber for looks
Gather up your supplies!
How To Do It
1. Fold bags in half and insert one inside the other with thickest part on opposite ends.
2. Adhere cover pieces to front and back of outside bag.
3. Working with the pages in book form, adhere patterned papers to cover the surfaces. (Where the bag ‘pleats,’ you can decide whether or not to glue those pieces together, as well.)
5. Measure and punch 3 holes through the ‘spine’ of the book.
6. Tie tightly with cord to hold the book together.
7. Stamp images and sentiments according to your choices.
8. Cut and apply O’So to stamped images and/or sentiments; cover in ultrafine beads
9. Adhere beaded images and sentiments to pages as desired.
10. Cut ribbon or fiber to tie into the back of the book.
Inside Views Of The Book
Stamp credits in order of use: Wordsworth, Impression Obsession, Paperbag Studios, Hero Arts, Penny Black, Eclectic Omnibus, Inky Antics, Paperbag Studios