Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Talking Turkey

Eat Ham My great aunt and uncle were once turkey farmers in Iowa, my dad’s home state.  I never visited their farm but they had a family tradition of sending crystal turkey candy dishes as wedding gifts, so yep I have one!  And whenever I think of turkey, I remember my family, the stories about their farm and of course my crystal turkey.  Oh!  And I also think about the turkey/Thanksgiving collage sheets we have for sale on the website too!  ;0)

Jean Sunderman created these three deeply rich collage tag examples for us to share with you!

Materials:

Chipboard tags, Copper and Ultra fine clear beads, Thanksgiving Collage Sheets 1 & 2, O'So Sticky Tape Sheets and 1/4 tape, Various Fall color paints, Various flowers and ribbons, Rubber Stamps and Copper Embossing powder, Patterned Papers

Directions:

Paint tags in various fall colors. (Jean used brown and pumpkin orange) Cut out various Thanksgiving designs from collage sheets.  Layer to card with patterned papers and flowers.

Turkey Tag 1

Orange Turkey Tag: Add patterned paper to tag. Distress with ink. Cut out turkey and cover with O'So Sticky Sheet. Trim and cover with ulta fine clear beads. Attach to tag. Add various flowers.

Turkey Tag 2

Orange Lace Tag: Boy with Turkey Collage Sheet was covered with O'So Sticky Sheet and covered with Ulta Fine Clear Beads.  Add Brown Sequined lace with flower made from coffee filter. (love the texture that adds!) Turkey Tag 3 Brown Tag: background was stamped with leaf design and embossed with copper embossing powder.  Cut out turkey collage sheet and edge with 1/4 O'So sticky tape. Add copper beads.

Jean, your work is stunning as ever!  I’m so glad that you sought us out “way back when”.  I’ve thoroughly enjoyed you and your artwork!  Ü

Hugs, Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is always welcome and appreciated! Thanks for visiting my blog!