Valentine’s Day may have come and gone but it’s never too late to show some love to a friend. PWA Designer Michelle McCarthy created an atc with so much detail and interest I had to ask her to share the “how to” and she quickly fired back an entire tutorial with pictures and everything! Woweee! Be sure to read all the way to the end because Michelle shows how to create that cool background!
CS for top
CS for background
Any colored Micro beads
O'so Sticky Tape or sheet
1. Using any punch of choice, punch out from your chosen top CS. Make sure you leave space around edges to trim later.
2. Turning punch negative upside down, cover opening with piece of O'so tape, leaving front side with exposed tape.
3. Now dip and cover in chosen micro beads
4. from back, unpeel O’so tape and attach second or background piece (For instance, I wanted the heart to be solid red, so I added the red CS to "fill in" anything the micro beads may have missed.)
5. Now using your scissors, trim away around your punch, thus creating a frame around your micro beads shape. And there you go, O'So simple!
Bonus! Technique for background of ATC:
1. It really has to be seen in person for you to totally get the effect. All you do is add any shape or piece (I used the punch out from the heart I used to create the upper technique).
2. Apply to a background piece with a little glue to keep it down.
3. Run the whole piece through the die cutter with a chosen Embossing Folder. Now sit back and admire the technique! It's embedded into the larger piece of CS and is very cool!
Thanks so much Michelle! I LOVE this card!!
WAY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks for the embossing technique! Hugs TheresaReplyDelete
This inlaid embossing tech is so hot right now. Love your atc--looks fantastic.ReplyDelete
I love this atc too!!! Thanks for a great tutorial... gotta go try it now!!!ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for the step by step pictures. It is grogeous.