Friday, December 23, 2011

Canning Lids In Disguise

canninglidtag My friend Kathi Hall showed me that neat ornaments and gift tags can be created using canning lids as a base.  I really like the weight it adds, it sure makes it hang nice.  I can’t show you the ornament that Kathy did at a shoebox party because I’ve already gifted it but here is my latest:

An image from one of our Christmas collage sheets by Michele Aiello Zendejas of Swing Shift Designs is cut out and the white edges inked with Galaxy Gold Brilliance to tone it down.

Canning Lid Ornament

A fancy gold embossed napkin was Modge Podged onto a canning lid and trimmed  to fit.  A mixture of bronze, gold and butterscotch micro beads were glued around the inside edge of the lid with a few ivory seed beads sprinkled for good measure.  The image was added with foam pop dots and PWA Bubble beads were glued to the berries on the stocking. This was layered onto cranberry red cardstock.

I found an old plastic doily in my stash o’stuff, and distressed the edges with tan Staz On ink.  I really like the texture and “frill” it contributes.  I glued ribbon behind it for a hanger and added a piece of coordinating cardstock on the back with “To” and “From” stamped on it.  (Not shown)

canninglidtag

Kathy found darling red gingham lids at Walmart.  They must be really popular this time of year because I couldn’t find them anywhere.

If you need a quick handmade tag our downloadable collage sheets can be sent to your inbox!  If you are in a hurry be sure to shoot me a quick email after you place your online order so I don’t miss it!  Suzanne@PennywiseArts.com I will be checking for digital orders regularly until the afternoon of Christmas Eve.  Orders placed after 3:00 pm Pacific Time on Saturday won’t be sent until Monday.

We have a lot of really fantastic images to choose from and not just for Christmas!  New Years is just around the corner with Valentines not too far behind.  ;0)

I’m wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!  

Hugs, Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is always welcome and appreciated! Thanks for visiting my blog!